How to survive a heatwave in your car
Cool passengers are happy passengers
How do you survive in this heat in your car?
1. Use the air conditioning
or open the windows if you don't have a/c. Make sure your a/c is regassed so that it's cold when you want to use it.
2. Keep plenty of water in the car and drink it
but don't leave plastic bottles in the car overnight
3. Never leave people or animals in cars when it's this hot
If the outside temperature is 22oC or over it can get to 47oC or over in the car
4. Check your oil and tyre pressures
5. If you're travelling try and make the journeys early morning or late evening
6. Try and park in the shade
Have you seen those windscreen shields to keep the steering wheel and interior of your car cooler
7. If your car overheats, pull over in a safe place and call for help
keep an eye on the temperature gauges
8. Is your phone fully charged?
Keep a charger in your car
9. If you've a convertible #slipslapslop that suntan lotion.
10. Oh and don't forget your sunglasses
Most of all, enjoy the weather.
The Detroit motor show has been cancelled and the arena is being turned into a…Read more >